The Louis Foerster Hotel
The Louis Foerster Hotel, later known as the Foster House (shown on the right in the photo next to the Ruprecht Hotel on the left), was constructed for use as a lumberjack boarding house and consisted of two large buildings. One was for sleeping and dining. The other was a dance hall, saloon, and a small bank.
Carl Pickert operated the Foster House saloon. He purchased the hotel from Louis Foerster about 1920. The Pickert Hotel buildings were demolished in 1930; only the front sidewalk remains. Pickert Park was dedicated on the site in the summer of 1955 as part of Arcadia's 75th Anniversary Celebration.